I went into Anthropologie looking for these pants:
I like these pants because I like to pretend I'm Aladdin and I live in Agrabah. Unfortunately, they don't have them in stock yet. I tried on a bunch of super cute stuff but exercised a lot of restraint. The only thing I bought is this cream silk top, which was marked down to 50% of the original price. I just ate a huge dinner and my resident photographer is studying for her AP Gov exam so I decided to pull the picture from the website instead of taking a picture of myself in it but, take my word for it, this top looks great on me:Update: I think this top may actually be "matte silk" rather than "cream silk". Not 100% certain what the difference is.
Then I went to the mall where my first stop was The Limited. I don't always love the styles at The Limited but I think their clothes are pretty well made. It's a good place to get dress pants. I got these linen pants because I'll be able to wear them to work in the summer when it is hot, hot, hot linen time:I also got this cardigan:
Next I went to New York & Company where I needed to return an ugly top that I accidentally bought. I turns out that everything in the entire store was 50% off so I bought a bunch of things from their "Red Label Collection". The stuff in the Red Label Collection is more stylish than the rest of the stuff in the store but, in most cases, I don't think the quality of the pieces is really that much better so normally I think it's really overpriced. But for 50% off, I found that I could be persuaded...
"Cocoon" is going to be a big silhouette for fall 2010. There were a lot of cocoon coats featured during fashion week this past fall but it didn't catch on in a mainstream way like motorcycle jackets did. I think it will be back with a vengeance in September. I really like this top but it's 100% polyester so I wouldn't be inclined to pay $46 for it. However, for $23 I'll take it:
(P.S. this picture doesn't really do justice to the top; you can't really see the shape of it.)
I also bought this super long cardigan because I have a forever love affair with long cardigans for some reason:
I bought this tunic dress but I haven't tried it on yet and I somehow doubt that I'm going to like the way it looks on me so it may end up going back. Update: This is definitely going back:

And I also bought these "boyfriend jeans" because I've been wanting jeans like this but I didn't want to spend a lot of money because I doubt it's going to be a long-lived trend and it definitely isn't the most flattering trend. But as with low-rise jeans before them, after something like this gets past a certain point of popularity, your brain sort of gets warped so that the item's popularity completely crowds out your concept of how good or bad it looks on you. Luckily, everyone else around you is probably suffering from the same lapse in judgment so no one will realize how stupid you actually looked until you look at pictures 5+ years later.
Part of me loves this look and part of me hates it. The cut of the jeans is inherently unflattering to the female form but what I do like about it is the incongruity of wearing slouchy jeans like this with really girly heels. I don't think boyfriend jeans work as well with flats and they definitely don't work at all with sneakers or any kind of shoe that could be considered unisex but with heels, I think it's a cool look.
Update: it turns out the jeans pictured here are not actually the jeans I bought. So I'm taking the ones I bought back but maybe I'll try to get these.
That's it for now! Budget starts tomorrow!
(Images copyrighted by anthropologie.com, thelimited.com, and nyandcompany.com - don't sue me!)
And I also bought these "boyfriend jeans" because I've been wanting jeans like this but I didn't want to spend a lot of money because I doubt it's going to be a long-lived trend and it definitely isn't the most flattering trend. But as with low-rise jeans before them, after something like this gets past a certain point of popularity, your brain sort of gets warped so that the item's popularity completely crowds out your concept of how good or bad it looks on you. Luckily, everyone else around you is probably suffering from the same lapse in judgment so no one will realize how stupid you actually looked until you look at pictures 5+ years later.
Update: it turns out the jeans pictured here are not actually the jeans I bought. So I'm taking the ones I bought back but maybe I'll try to get these.
That's it for now! Budget starts tomorrow!
(Images copyrighted by anthropologie.com, thelimited.com, and nyandcompany.com - don't sue me!)
No comments:
Post a Comment