So I have been wanting a cross-body bag and I have specifically been wanting one that I can bring out with me at night. Something that can effectively function as a clutch. As was recently brought to my attention by KRB Jr., clutches are easy to lose. For someone who frequents bars, cross-body bags are a trend that makes a lot of sense.
Now, let's be serious, if I could have any cross-body bag on the planet, it would obviously be the Chanel 2.55 - but until I have $1,500.00 lying around, that isn't going to happen. (Just so everyone knows, I'm aware that the Chanel 2.55 wasn't originally meant to be worn across the body).
Sooooo I opted for this Kate Spade bag. I thought it was pretty reasonably priced on endless.com. As soon as I took it out of the box, I was a little concerned because I thought it would be bright white. I was planning on using it as a post-Memorial Day bag. But, in fact, the color would be more aptly described as "bone".
However, after taking 40 gazillion pictures of it, I think that it's white enough. Having it in a more muted color than super bright white might actually work out well: it'll match more things and I could potentially start wearing it slightly before Memorial Day. I would really love to wear it this weekend...maybe I will if it's warm enough to justify white.
A draw back of the off-white color is that it won't quite match my white gap crops or my new white sandals.
But I just really like the actual bag. And, if you can pretend for a second that my greasy mug isn't present, how cute does it look in the last picture???
P.S. in the second picture you can catch a glimpse of two important things. One from my fashion past and one from my fashion future: a. my prom dress and b. the black jump suit that I am planning to wear all around the town this summer - I found it at Old Navy! Of all the places to find a jumpsuit...
No comments:
Post a Comment