Amanda Brooks says that "the most super-chic detail on a formal trouser is a pressed crease down the front of the leg" (p. 42) so now I feel insecure about my non-creased pants. These pants probably need to be dry-cleaned anyway and when I take them, I will definitely get that oh-so-chic crease pressed in.
One of my tricks to look pulled together in a non-complicated way is to wear a belt and shoes that either match or compliment one another. I wear these tan pumps with this tan belt at least twice a week. Another example is that when I wear my low green crocodile-print pumps, I either wear my dark brown skinny belt or my metallic copper skinny belt.
These Ralph Lauren pumps are the nicest pair of shoes I have ever owned except for maybe the Doc Martins I had in 8th Grade (I’ll probably never wear those again but I refuse to throw them away!).
Most of my heels are from Nine West or Jessica Simpson, both of which I think of as “better” shoe brands. Jessica Simpson in particular has great designs. However, these Ralph Lauren pumps are truly in a separate category. I’m sure it would take a shoemaker 40 seconds to explain what makes them better shoes but, in lieu of the proper terminology, I’ll just say that they’re clearly nicer shoes. I love, love, love them and I’m terrified of ruining them!
Also, in case you can't tell in the picture, these non-pressed pants are blue. I have them in black as well.
Glasses: Vogue
Button-down: J Crew
Pants: Ann Taylor Loft
Belt: Ann Taylor Loft
Pumps: Ralph Lauren
No comments:
Post a Comment